with us! See if we are a fit for your career.
Medical Science Liaison
THIS POSITION REPORTS TO: EVP of CLINICAL, AND MEDICAL AFFAIRS
EXPECTATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
NX Development Corp. is a privately held financially sound life science company dedicated to the summarization of a recently approved first in field Fluorescence Guided Imaging Agent for the visualization of high-grade brain tumors. Reporting directly to the EVP of Clinical and Medical Affairs will help to ensure that NX Development Corp. meets or exceeds FDA regulations for Good Clinical Practice Standards and compliance related to Medical Affairs and Pharmacovigilance.
The employment venue is field based. The appropriate candidate will work remotely preferable US Central. This is a multi-functional role that will require organization and attention to detail across disciplines.
Travel domestically (70%) and internationally, as needed. ‘
COMPENSATION: Industry competitive relative to experience. Competitive benefits including health care, and matching 401K.
- Act as conduits of information about new research developments, clinical trial activities and therapeutic approaches to the use of Gleolan in surgical oncology.
- The job involves cultivating and maintaining relationships with academic researchers and leaders, attending conferences and talks, presenting information to international teams and introducing new therapeutic products to physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Educate surgeons and allied health professionals in the new application of fluorescent guided surgery and train house staff on new applications.
- In-services for neurosurgery staff, OR, PACU, ICU, and other departments.
- Cross train to educate and support clinical trial sites when needed.
- Works interactively with disease experts, scientists and experts external to NXDC to identify relevant educational topics to be addressed.
- Keeps abreast of technical, scientific and medical information through attendance at selected Scientific Conferences, literature and other sources of relevant information and acts as a therapeutic area expert.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Education: An advanced degree, such as a, MS/ Ph.D./ P.A. in a health care or clinical service is preferred. Research coordinators or RN (Registered Nurse); NP (oncology) or MSN (Master of Science in Nursing) degrees and with several years of experience (3-5 years) in oncology are sought. Previous experience as a Medical Science Liaison is preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND CORE COMPENTENCIES:
Prior experience as a Medical Science Liaison (3-5 years) and experience as a clinical educator essential.
- Must have superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to create and sustain relationships with industry leaders.
- Clinical trial experience either with sponsor or academics
- Product launch and/or prior marketing experience preferred.
- Exquisite problem solving with integration of medicine and science
- Competent in translating medical literature into teachable messages
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Capable of working in a matrix environment and playing nicely in the sandbox.
- Must be analytical and articulate in oral and written communications, with a demonstrated ability to communicate well with others at varying professional levels, especially in the medical profession.
- Must present and teach at conferences and hospital centers
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, prioritize work, meet objectives/deadlines with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, ever changing work environment.
- Ability to travel extensively in the US – 70% travel.
- Must be able to clearly demonstrate a thorough understanding of the hospital surgical environment including all key external stakeholders.
- Must be able to demonstrate understanding of scientific/medical affairs accountabilities for evidence generation, external engagement and internal advice; direct experience required.
- Project management skills including meeting facilitation essential.
To apply for this opportunity, please email your cover letter and resume to our HR Department at: email@example.com
Our Core Values
Passion. Integrity. Determination.